Sunday, January 13, 2013

Training in la Paleo loca

 

I have been training. As you all know I have thrown the long slow run type training out the window and have adopted High intensity  Crossfit Endurance style. Working out pretty good. training 3-4 times a week. Less time on the road, more time in the gym. I changed my running style to Pose Running. About 4 months ago I broke my toe. I hadn’t really ran anything longer than a few hundred meters since. Last week as per my training schedule I had a 5k time trial. I posted a 38:48 min time. considering I hadn’t run anywhere close to that distance in 4 months I was happy. This week, after a week of training in the gym and HIIT (high intensity interval training), I hit the road. I felt stronger, technique came together. I actually felt stronger the longer I ran. I posted a 32:30…can you say boom… pretty good after one week of training. Gave me momentum going into this week. I am going to train harder but not longer.

Also, I am using Paleo to fuel my training. Loving it and no Paleo isn’t the new Atkins.  I am reading the book Paleo Diet for the Athlete very interesting and I haven’t felt better. The best fueling regiment I have ever used for training.  I am looking forward to what next week has to offer. 

51P6UVe1REL

2 comments:

whitney said...

Wow, that IS jump in time! Good for you!

Grammy said...

It sounds like you are doing great! You need to talk to Sydnee, she's trying to do the low carb thing. Keep up the good work! (: