Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bad Days...Bad week


You ever had one of those bad days? The one when nothing goes right or the ones, my personal favorite (insert sarcastic font), the days that are just blah. Nothing really bad happens but then nothing really good happens. The day when you do not "see" anything, good or bad, just Vanilla. Well, I wasn't having a bad day...it was turning into a bad week. I read somewhere that if you write something down and put it somewhere you can see it, it will help you accomplish whatever it is that you are trying to accomplish. So I went on the internet for something motivational:

- LEARN TO LOVE PAIN

- DOING A THING NEARLY RIGHT AND DOING IT EXACTLY RIGHT IS USUALLY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE.

- IT'S WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT AFTER YOU GIVE 100%.

- THE MAJORITY OF FAILURES IN LIFE ARE SIMPLY THE VICTIMS OF THEIR MENTAL DEFEATS.

Yeah, no...at 0500 in the morning, when you are trying to psych yourself up to do 1600m of sprints and then do a full day's work, this is not what I needed to hear. As I stared at my clock I got up and made the drive to work. I walked up the stairs and looked at the treadmill, put my earphones on then I sprinted, 1600m worth. It sucked, at every rest period it was 90 secs of convincing myself to do another one. 6 sets later I was done. Tired. Wet. Sore. I took a shower, went to work, and taught all day long. The next day got up; went to work. Didn't have to teach that day and thought I should go to the gym looking at 45lb thrusters for 100 reps in the face, and crying like a little girl. Once I had peeled myself out of the fetal position I got up from under my desk, changed into my gym gear, went to the gym.  I stared at the barbell as I put in my ear phones in and in sloth-like persistence I did 45lb thursters for 100 reps and it sucked. Even now as I am writing this there is a:

6 rounds
21-18-15-12-9-6x reps
Knees to elbows
Dips
Squat jumps
KB swings

Workout waiting for me...and once again I have no motivation. What makes this week different than last week? Last week was hard but I still was motivated.  The week before was hard and so on and so forth. In perspective I did the workouts. Every one. It wasn't as easy to get started; it wasn't as easy to finish. I did start and I did finish. Is that motivation? If so, I need another word for what I need. So after being lazy and drinking a Cheerwine (only the best soda ever) I feel a little better, thanks for letting me vent. Well, those 6 rounds aren't going to do themselves and there is also the "Fun" 5K Friday 0545 tomorrow morning...yyyaaaaayyy :/

So with parting words I leave you this...in hopes of some motivation...good day to all.






2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Sorry to hear that you are not motivated this week!! My only advice/suggestion is, since you have gone to 2-a-days, maybe you need to add some extra snacks to boost your energy level?

Does it help to hear that you have motivated me? Today I ran a 5k and only walked for 1 minute at the 2 mile mark! So in 10 days I have gone from no running to completing a 5K with only one break!

Keep it up!! You are inspiring others around you!!

Kara and Theo said...

I hear ya, this is me all the time. I get all pumped up and motivated, and then blah hits me and I can't seem to even crank out a single push up. I've been feeling a bit vanilla lately, I wish they made a motivational pill I could take. Maybe you should invent one! ;)