Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blueprints, Maintenance, and the Anti-Duck Walk


I have a lot of goals. Maybe too many…too late though, I have made them public and said it thrice. As I have been putting together my strategy I have made some realizations…I am old. Shocker, I know. I hurt getting out of bed and I didn’t even do anything. I used to be able to go without sleep and still function. Yeah…not so much now. So in order to accomplish what I need, I need to build a better body, get back down to the basics. I am starting by getting stronger. Then, I fix my feet…yes, I said feet…from the way I walk to the way I stand. I have a busy week (or I should say weeks) ahead. Starting from the ground up, no pun intended.
I have already shown you how I am going to fix my run. As anyone who has run for any length of time knows, it is a full body thing. Back, abs, shoulders and of course legs are in use. I am going to build on the basics: Push ups, pull ups, and sit ups.
Three 7 week programs. I am calling this my blueprint/maintenance phase before I get crazy knee/elbow/waist  deep into my main training.
outline700 pushup
outline700
andreas01_logo
Between these three programs I will have an incredible base for the the training to come. Add these to the above feet maintenance and changing to pose running and all my goals don’t have a chance to defeat me. I will succeed, I will endure…I will win.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

This all sounds so good. I think injury will be your biggest enemy. Be careful and be very methodical in your approach. I know you can do this! Set your priorities. The most important thing always comes 1st (you know what I mean ) (: Make a list! I think this is a great plan (:

Mack Daddy said...

I this will be great for you to build up again its just like adding an extra wall of endurance to the great wall you already have your doing great bro !!